Communication with the no-functional world.

S. Alexander Jacobson alex@i2x.com
Wed, 18 Mar 1998 11:30:50 -0500 ()

On Wed, 18 Mar 1998, Simon L Peyton Jones wrote:
> > Well Simon, I don't want to spoil the fun, but do you have a Clean
> > to Haskell convertor, taking care of GUI issues and all?
>
> I don't, but the code Ana enclosed didn't have any GUI stuff.
> As I understand it she was asking about type error messages.

As far as GUI's are concerned, why not use Haskell or Clean CGI on the
backend and a DHTML browser on the front end.  The 4.0 browsers have
gotten to the point where there is not a lot of penalty in using them
over using the native GUIs (and they run on Mac/Win/Unix).

With ActiveHaskell, you can even do browser scripting in a functional
programming language (but I think only on Windows right now).

-Alex-
S. Alexander Jacobson			i2x Media
1-212-697-0184 voice			1-212-697-1427 fax