Object IO freezes linker

Erik Zuurbier F.S.A.Zuurbier@inter.nl.net
Sun, 28 Dec 1997 17:42:06 +0100 (MET)

When I use the Object IO library on my PowerPC, all seems to go well
when I compile one of the example programs, until the linking phase
begins. The first time, the IDE quitted (unexpected error type 1).
When I tried again, the linker after a while freezed: I could still use the
mouse to switch to other applications, but the IDE was dead (without
quiting).

I tried moving the compiler and the library from one folder to another
and tried again. One of the error messages that popped up, was:
Cannot open file ".icl:Clean System Files:_startup.o"
I went back to the old library and everything was fine again.

Does the Object library make the linker need much more memory?
(I only have 8 MB and use a RAM doubler or virtual memory. I
tried both on this problem. Don't laugh, I am going to buy more
real memory soon.)

If memory is not the problem, does anybody know the solution?

Regards
Erik Zuurbier