Object IO freezes linker

Matthew Lye mlye@trentu.ca
Sun, 28 Dec 1997 20:54:54 +0100 (MET)

On 12/28/97 11:42 AM, Erik Zuurbier wrote:

>Does the Object library make the linker need much more memory?
>(I only have 8 MB and use a RAM doubler or virtual memory. I
>tried both on this problem. Don't laugh, I am going to buy more
>real memory soon.)

I used to use the 0.8 Clean IDE on a Mac SE, and I seem to remember that
the linker was pretty good about aborting when it didn't have enough
memory.  If the old library works, then the problem is most likely in the
hidden nitty gritty of Power PC specific code.  You should probably post
your computer model and PowerPC chip version - most likely the problem is
machine specific, and the clean team either knows about it or would like
to know about it.