[FieldTrip] Question regarding multiple comparison correction for mixed linear models on individual electrodes and time points

二姬 wcy131608 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 25 20:12:02 CEST 2023

Hello everyone,

I am Chengyuan Wu, and I appreciate any guidance you can provide on this
matter. Recently, I encountered an issue regarding the cluster-based
permutation test. I am utilizing a mixed linear model to fit EEG data at
each electrode and each time point using a trial-by-trial variable
(probability of expected reward) inferred from a Bayesian model. The
subject number is set as a random intercept, and data from all subjects are
fed into each mixed linear model simultaneously. My EEG data dimension is
102 electrodes x 500 time points, leading me to fit 51,000 mixed linear
models and test the significance of the fixed slope (t-test). Previously,
I've been applying FDR correction across the 500 time points for each
electrode, but I believe a cluster-based permutation test might be a more
robust approach. I've gone through the tutorials on FieldTrip, but they
seem to primarily cater to ERP data driven by categorical variables.

I have two main questions:

1.Does FieldTrip offer a standard method for multiple comparison correction
using cluster-based permutation tests specifically for mixed linear models?

   1.
   2. 2.If there isn't a standard method, has anyone come across literature
   where a similar approach of cluster-based permutation tests for mixed
   linear models has been employed? If so, could you please share those