[FieldTrip] Pre-whitening/Denoising Elekta/Neuromag Resting State Data

Sarah s83728498 at gmail.com
Mon May 27 23:06:18 CEST 2024

Hi Jan-Mathijs,

Thank you for your response!

Yes, I agree that using other resting state data may throw away the baby
with the bathwater as you say. I suppose what I was thinking when writing
my message and mentioned to "make use of the resting state recordings" was
potentially using "a part" of the resting state data as a way to estimate
the noise data - that is, preprocessing and filtering the RS data in the
upper most range, ex. 150Hz+ - upper limit Hz, to use as the estimate of
the noise data in the pre-whitening function. (This freq range I'm guessing
may more likely contain less physiologic data and more noise).

I guess maybe this still might slightly throw away the baby with the
bathwater, but nevertheless was just trying to think about solutions to
improve beamforming in cases where it is maybe more necessary
(ex.connectivity/cross-frequency coupling analyses).

Nevertheless, thanks again for your help!
Sarah