[FieldTrip] dftinvert option on ft_preprocessing

Yasir Çatal catalyasir at gmail.com
Tue Jan 24 02:14:58 CET 2023

Hello,

I was reading the HCP MEG data preprocessing pipeline in megconnectome to
adapt to my MEG data. In the pipeline hcp_datacheck.m lines 241-248,

% for the time course of the line noise
cfg2           = [];
cfg2.dftfilter = 'yes';
cfg2.dftfreq   = lfreq + [-1 0 1].*(hdr.Fs./1024);
cfg2.feedback  = 'none';
cfg2.dftinvert = 'yes';
cfg2.rectify   = 'yes';
cfg2.boxcar    = 0.2;

This cfg2 is an input to ft_preprocessing on line 308:

tmp = ft_preprocessing(cfg2, tmpdata);

I specifically wanted to ask about dftinvert and boxcar options. These
options seem to be deprecated and I couldn't even find them in the
fieldtrip-r10442 which comes with megconnectome. May I ask what the aim was
of these options? Would my preprocessing be affected if I leave these out?

Thanks,
Yasir