[FieldTrip] A question about connectivity values

masoud masoudheshmatibnd at gmail.com
Wed Jan 4 09:26:57 CET 2023

Hello dear fieldtrip community
I have been using fieldtrip for quite some time and now I am dealing with
dynamic connectivity, the preprocessing of the data which I am using was
done in fieldtrip as well as MVAR analysis, this is the code for
calculating dynamic connectivity:
    cfg.method = 'biosig';
    cfg.t_ftimwin = 5;
    cfg.toi = toi;
    cfg.order = 6;
    cfg.output = 'parameters';
    mvardata = ft_mvaranalysis(cfg, data);
    cfg = [];
    cfg.method = 'mvar';
    cfg.output = 'fourier';
    freq = ft_freqanalysis(cfg, mvardata);
    cfg = [];
    cfg.method = 'granger';
    stat = ft_connectivityanalysis(cfg, freq);
so the output of connectivity (stat) is a 4-d matrix(channel, channel,
frequency, windows) which for my data is (62, 62, 126, 12)
the values of the channel x channel are mostly negative like -13.2650 ,
-5.7060 or between -1 and 1.
as my understanding the output should be between 0 and 1. So where am I
doing it wrong? And if I change the method from 'granger' to 'pdc' or 'dtf'
what should be the range of output?
thank you so much in advance
best regards
Masoud