[FieldTrip] Statistical testing for classification metrics

Schoffelen, J.M. (Jan Mathijs) janmathijs.schoffelen at donders.ru.nl
Tue May 24 08:36:27 CEST 2022

Hi Elif,

Cluster-based permutation tests can be done using ft_timelock/freq/sourcestatistics, using ‘montecarlo’ as a method. If you use ‘mvpa’ as a method, you won’t be able to get a multiple comparison correct p-value AND a classification result in a single shot.

What you can do, though, is to obtain some performance metric per subject, using the mvpa functionality, and then come up with a meaningful second-level test that performs statistical inference of the performance metric across subjects, using the clustering philosophy.

Best wishes,
Jan-Mathijs