[FieldTrip] Statistical testing for classification metrics

Elif Tülay e.eliftulay at gmail.com
Mon May 23 16:29:16 CEST 2022

Dear fieldtrip community

I have a question about how I can perform statistical testing for selected
metrics (such as for accuracy). Actually I want to obtain p-values for my
accuracy results via cluster-based permutation test.

When I check the link below

https://github.com/fieldtrip/fieldtrip/blob/master/ft_statistics_mvpa.m

I can not see anything about it. But it says

*The function supports cross-validation, searchlight analysis,
generalization, nested preprocessing, a variety of classification and
regression metrics, as well as statistical testing of these metrics*.

Here is some part of my script;

cfg.method          = 'mvpa';

cfg.design          = [ones(length(GROUP1),1); 2*ones(length(GROUP2),1)];

cfg.features        = 'chan';

cfg.mvpa            = [];

cfg.mvpa.classifier = 'lda';

cfg.mvpa.metric     = 'accuracy';

cfg.mvpa.k          = 10;

stat = ft_freqstatistics (cfg, data1, data2, data3, ...) where the data
obtained from ft_freqanalysis for each subject.

Thank you in advance for your consideration. I am looking forward to
hearing from you.

Best regards,

Elif Tülay