[FieldTrip] Circ_stat toolbox in FT's cluster-based permutation statistics

Julian Keil julian.keil at gmail.com
Wed May 18 08:07:46 CEST 2022

Hi David,

ages ago I wrote a stat_fun for this to be used specifically for a project.
Here’s the code, maybe it still works and does what you want to do.
Basically, you run the ww-test, and then feed the stat-field back to the montecarlo statistics function.

%%
function [s] = statfun_wwtest(cfg, dat, design)

selA = find(design(cfg.ivar,:)==1); % selecton condition 1 or A
selB = find(design(cfg.ivar,:)==2); % selecton condition 2 or B
dfA  = length(selA);
dfB  = length(selB);

if (dfA+dfB)<size(design, 2)
  % there are apparently replications that belong neither to condition 1, nor to condition 2
  warning('inappropriate design, it should only contain 1''s and 2''s');
end

    for comp=1:length(dat)
        [pval table] = circ_wwtest(dat(comp,selA),dat(comp,selB));

        prob(comp,1)=pval;
        stat(comp,1)=table{2,5};
    % the stat field is used in STATISTICS_MONTECARLO to make the
    % randomization distribution, but you can also return other fields
    % which will be passed on to the command line in the end.
    end
s.stat = stat;
s.prob = prob;
%%