[FieldTrip] MEG Research Technologist position at Hospital for Sick Children

Darren Kadis darren.kadis at sickkids.ca
Mon May 16 16:24:01 CEST 2022

Please see our posting for a full-time MEG Research Technologist at the Hospital for Sick Children (SickKids), below.  Interested parties should submit their applications through the Hospital's Careers website (refer to Job ID 16448).  Enquiries can be addressed to the Core Director, Dr. Darren S. Kadis, c/o Theresa Dudley (theresa.dudley at sickkids.ca).

+++++++++

The Human Neurophysiology Core at the Hospital for Sick Children (SickKids) provides local scientists access to state-of-the art technologies, including whole-head magnetoencephalography (MEG), for non-invasive study human brain function.  The Research MEG program complements long-standing clinical MEG programs, at the Hospital.

The Core is recruiting an MEG Research Technologist, who will operate the cryo-MEG system for research studies, maintain the facility, oversee daily operations, and contribute to the development of MEG research at SickKids.  The MEG Research Technologist reports to the Director of the Human Neurophysiology Core.

Here’s What You’ll Get To Do:

- Oversee day-to-day operations related to the cryo-MEG facility
- Prepare and operate the MEG for research studies; curate data
- Interface with research teams, participants/patients and their families
- Perform regular system maintenance, including liquid helium refills, performance testing, and calibration
- Carry out administrative tasks related to the MEG research, including billing, budgeting, ordering, project review, and coordinating with teams or departments within SickKids and with suppliers
- Troubleshoot hardware/software issues, as they arise, in consultation with the MEG system manufacturer
- Manage multiple computer and electronics systems related to MEG
- May be asked to assist with development, project implementation, programming, or data analyses
- May be asked to participate in special projects or committees related to Core operations
-Prepare reports to the Core on operations and budgeting

Here’s What You’ll Need:

- Graduate training in Biomedical or Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, or related disciplines; individuals who have completed undergraduate degrees in these areas, with demonstrable relevant technical experience, will also be considered
- High-level of computer literacy; expertise in Linux/Unix systems is necessary
- Strong coding / programming skills; a background in signal processing would be an asset
- Ability to multitask and prioritize; the successful applicant will possess strong organizational skills, attention to detail
- Ability to work independently, problem solve
- Ability to work with multiple teams and study populations

Our Commitment to Diversity:

The children and families we care for are from a variety of communities, and so are our employees. We welcome and encourage everyone to join our organization and be part of our team.

When requested, SickKids will provide access and inclusion supports to eligible candidates to support their full engagement during the interview and assessment process.  Information received related to access or inclusion will be addressed confidentially.

Note to External Applicants: As a health care institution, our highest priority is the safety of patients, families and staff.  As a result, we are adopting all prevention measures to ensure the safety of our patients, families and our staff.  Therefore, any offer of employment is conditional upon you submitting proof that you have been fully vaccinated with a Health Canada or World Health Organization (WHO) approved COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible and no later than fourteen (14) calendar days prior to the effective start date, in addition to satisfying any other condition(s) that may be set out in an offer.  If a candidate fails to satisfy this condition (or any other condition(s) set out in an offer), any offer of employment shall be immediately rescinded.

This e-mail may contain confidential, personal and/or health information(information which may be subject to legal restrictions on use, retention and/or disclosure) for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any review or distribution by anyone other than the person for whom it was originally intended is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please contact the sender and delete all copies.