[FieldTrip] Using default head and source models for source reconstruction

Jan Ostrowski j.ostrowski at uke.de
Tue Mar 22 10:12:14 CET 2022

Hi there,

thank you so much for the info! As far as I understand, I could take
both head model and source model, as well default electrode positions
from the FT templates. Would you recommend a specific template for each
category? I am uncertain as to the (dis)advantages of each of them.

It seems to me, that the standard_bem head model would be a good start,
as it is based on the "colin27" canonical brain. The choice of source
model seems to depend on the estimation method one would use, but there
are several options for each. In terms of electrode positions, one could
go with the standard_1020 or standard_1005 and modify them to fit the
electrode setup used in the experiment, right?

Best,
Jan