[FieldTrip] Using default head and source models for source reconstruction

mikkelcv at drcmr.dk mikkelcv at drcmr.dk
Mon Mar 21 10:16:28 CET 2022

Hi Jan

If you are using a standard EEG layout, then it is not problem to use a template MRI and source space (beyond the inherent discrepancy between the template anatomy and the actual subject’s anatomy). There is a short tutorial on using templates for source reconstruction here: https://www.fieldtriptoolbox.org/template/sourcemodel/

If you got FieldTrip from Git, then you already should have a lot of templates that you can use right out of the box. You can see them here: https://github.com/fieldtrip/fieldtrip/tree/master/template

The only issues is to make sure that your EEG layout and the template MRI are in the same coordinate system. That you can find how to do on the regular source reconstruction tutorials, e.g.: https://www.fieldtriptoolbox.org/tutorial/headmodel_eeg_bem/#automatic-alignment

Best regards