[FieldTrip] Can Fieldtrip do FP alignment (timing correction) of Plexon System?

yeliu at ion.ac.cn yeliu at ion.ac.cn
Thu Jul 28 16:17:53 CEST 2022

Dear Contributors,

I am using Plexon system to do recordings in animals. Our plexon system is old and record analog signals, thus, there is a problem of "filter-induced phase shifts (frequency-dependent timing delays) which can be induced by the analog and digital filters used in Plexon neural data acquisition systems" (refered from plexon website).

We were using FPalign software (produced by Plexon) to correct FP timing delays, and using Chronux toolbox to do the further analysis. Recently, we are trying to switch to use fieldtrip to analysis from the raw plexon files. Can fieldtrip do the same FP timing correction? If yes, how to do that?

PS. The FPalign software can correct the delay caused by the headstage filter and Preamp filter, seperately. The Preamp configuration contains bandpass filter type(lowpass/highpass), filter type (Butterworth/Bessel/Elliptic), pole number, and frequency.

Thank you!

Best Regards
Ye LIU