[FieldTrip] Help with ft_nonlinear association

Schoffelen, J.M. (Jan Mathijs) janmathijs.schoffelen at donders.ru.nl
Sat Feb 5 11:25:10 CET 2022

Hi Kanupriya,

The functions located in fieldtrip/contrib, including ft_nonlinearassociation have been contributed to FieldTrip by external contributors, with a variable amount of dedication to keep their contributions up-to-date/backward compatible - including the documentation information -  with the ever imrpoving code base of the core FieldTrip code. As such, since the function you refer to is a very old function, I can imagine that it does not work anymore (assuming that it used to work in the first place).

Just to provide some background to the issue you seem to be facing: the function defines a ‘default’ cfg.toi of [] if the user hasn’t specified any. I suggest that you start with defining a meaningful cfg.toi - meaningful for your data - which could already solve it for you.

If indeed the function does not work as expected (and this by the way does not count only for the contrib functions), anybody is kindly invited to suggest code improvements. So feel free to try and fix this (or team up with somebody to try and fix it).

Best wishes,

Jan-Mathijs