[FieldTrip] Layout rotated by 90 deg

Zito Giuseppe Angelo giuseppeangelo.zito at hest.ethz.ch
Tue Aug 9 18:51:01 CEST 2022

Dear Fieldtrip experts,

I have a problem with the EEG layout, which appears to be rotated by 90 degrees.

I import data from EEGlab (power spectra), and run the stats in fieldtrip (ft_freqstatistics).
I have my own layout with 118 electrodes, which I created with ft_prepare_layout.

While calling ft_clusterplot or ft_topoplotER, Matlab sends the following warning:

the input is freq data with 118 channels, 4 frequencybins and no timebins
creating layout from data.elec
creating layout for ext1020 system
Warning: use cfg.rotate to specify the correct rotation of the sensors
 In ft_prepare_layout>sens2lay at line 1300
In ft_prepare_layout at line 596
In ft_clusterplot at line 123

The resulting topoplot is indeed tilted (see picture attached).

I tried to add cfg.rotate = -90 and run again ft_prepare_layout, but the problem was unsolved.

Could you please help to solve this issue?
In case I have to modify the layout with ft_prepare_layout,could you please give me a sample code to fix that?

Thank you very much,
Giuseppe Zito

________________________________
Dr. Giuseppe Angelo Zito
Principal Investigator, Swiss National Science Foundation

Decision Neuroscience Lab
Department of Health Sciences and Technology (D-HEST)
ETH – Swiss Federal Institute of Technology Zurich

Winterthurerstrasse 190
8057 Zürich
Switzerland

Tel: +41 44 633 05 17