[FieldTrip] Possible to combine FEM model with surface-based model of dipole locations?

Carsten Wolters carsten.wolters at uni-muenster.de
Tue May 4 14:52:59 CEST 2021

Dear George,

for the FEM:
 From Johannes (in CC) FieldTrip-SimBio paper
https://biomedical-engineering-online.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/s12938-018-0463-y
it doesn't get clear if a cortical surface source space or a volumetric
one was used for the dipole scan, I only found
"In the call of /ft_prepare_sourcemodel/, a grid resolution of 2 mm was
chosen for the source space."

In general, if you distinguish inner compartments such as white and grey
matter and CSF, I would recommend
to combine it with a cortical surface source space, as done in most of
our papers, see e.g. Section 2.5 in
http://www.sci.utah.edu/~wolters/PaperWolters/2014/VorwerkChoRamppHamerKnoescheWolters_NeuroImage_2014_Webversion.pdf

BR
    Carsten