[FieldTrip] Using Fieldtrip for LFP data analysis

Schoffelen, J.M. (Jan Mathijs) jan.schoffelen at donders.ru.nl
Wed Mar 24 12:16:54 CET 2021

Dear Fabyen,

Welcome on board! In order to be able to efficiently help you and put you on the right track, we probably need a little bit more information to go on.

The error you report is low-level matlab, suggesting that you (or matlab down the road) try/tries to do something like <some-output-arguments> = functionname(<some-input-arguments>).
Unless we know what you did exactly it’s all speculation, and hard to point you to a solution or to get you on your way. This would at minimum require you to mention what you try to do in more detail, and to provide us with a complete error stack.

However, note that data should not be implemented in a cfg structure.

Best wishes,
Jan-Mathijs

Dear FieldTrip discussion list,

I am a master student at the University of Amsterdam and for my research internship I have to analyse local field potential data. For that, I was planning on using the FieldTrip toolbox. However, when I try to implement my data in the cfg structure and use functions of the toolbox (such as ft_preprocessing and ft_freqanalysis) I always end up with the error: “Insufficient number of outputs from right hand side of equal sign to satisfy assignment.”. Does someone know why that might be the case or what kind of data structure is accepted in the FieldTrip functions?

I would appreciate it greatly if someone could help me with this issue!
Best Regards
Fabyen Ragalmuto