[FieldTrip] indepsamplesF produces NaN

Enya Weidner enya.weidner at uni-bielefeld.de
Tue Mar 16 15:07:04 CET 2021

Hi everyone!

I am currently trying to run statistical analyses on timelocked data by comparing the values of three different experimental conditions with help of an F-Test. I tried using the “indepsamplesF” function and it runs smoothly with no errors (there is a warning when I run the montecarlo method saying: “no clusters were found in the observed data”) but produces NaNs in the probabilities and test-statistics. This happens for both the “montecarlo” and the “analytic” method. If I run just simple t-Tests I am getting interpretable results. Does this simply indicate that there are no significant differences between conditions? Wouldn’t there still be an F-value indicating such a result?

Any ideas as to why this happens?

Thanks a lot in advance for your help!

Enya Weidner
Universität Bielefeld
Fakultät für Psychologie und Sportwissenschaft
AE02 Affektive Neuropsychologie

M.Sc. Enya Weidner
Universität Bielefeld
Fakultät für Psychologie und Sportwissenschaft
AE02 Affektive Neuropsychologie
Raum: T5-220
Telefon: 0521-106 4533
Email: enya.weidner at uni-bielefeld.de