[FieldTrip] Post-doc in Cognitive Neuroscience at University of Hamburg, Germany

Schwabe, Prof. Dr. Lars lars.schwabe at uni-hamburg.de
Wed Jun 16 11:56:24 CEST 2021

The Cognitive Psychology lab at the University of Hamburg (Germany) directed by Dr. Lars Schwabe is seeking a post-doctoral fellow interested in Cognitive and/or Affective Neuroscience. Our lab focusses on the impact of emotion and stress on learning, memory and decision-making. We use a broad range of methods, ranging from fMRI, EEG, fNIRS, TMS to psychopharmacology or cognitive modelling, to elucidate the cognitive and neural mechanisms underlying the influence of stress and emotion on cognitive functions. For further information on our lab, please visit: https://www.psy.uni-hamburg.de/en/arbeitsbereiche/kognitionspsychologie.html

<https://www.psy.uni-hamburg.de/en/arbeitsbereiche/kognitionspsychologie.html>
The successful candidate will join an open and dynamic research environment that provides excellent access to all state-of-the-art methods in human cognitive neuroscience. There are great opportunities to initiate individual research projects based on the person's interests (sufficient project funds will be provided). The position will include 3 hours of teaching per week (during the summer and winter terms). The successful candidate is further expected to supervise BSc/MSc students and to acquire further funding for own research projects

This is a full-time employment for 3 years, with the possibility of a 3-year extension after positive evaluation.

Starting date: October 1st, 2021

The successful applicant will have excellent knowledge in the fields of Psychology and Cognitive Neuroscience, excellent statistical knowledge, excellent programming skills (preferentially in MATLAB or Phython), and expertise in EEG and/or fMRI analysis. Experience in additional research techniques and/or cognitive modelling are a plus. The successful applicant should have strong scientific credentials that confirm the ability to conduct high‑quality peer-reviewed research. Good command of English, both spoken and written, is a requirement. Knowledge of German is a plus but not required.

We are committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse environment, and seek applications from all qualified individuals from all demographics and backgrounds. Please send your application – including your CV, all relevant academic certificates, and two letters of reference – directly to Dr. Lars Schwabe at Lars.Schwabe at uni-hamburg.de<mailto:Lars.Schwabe at uni-hamburg.de>.

Application deadline: July 11th, 2021