[FieldTrip] What does cfg.lcmv.fixedori = 'yes' mean?

Britta Westner britta.wstnr at gmail.com
Thu Jun 10 22:19:27 CEST 2021

Hi Lin,

cfg.lcmv.fixedori = 'yes' will compute a so-called scalar beamformer, and
the spatial filter has indeed just one orientation represented per source
point. This orientation is an optimal orientation that maximizes output
power and is determined using an SVD. This orientation however does not
vary over time, but will vary from source point to source point (and will
depend on the data covariance matrix).

Hope this makes things clearer,
Britta