[FieldTrip] Dynamic ROI for cluster-based permutation statistics

Schoffelen, J.M. (Jan Mathijs) jan.schoffelen at donders.ru.nl
Fri Jun 4 13:52:48 CEST 2021

Hi Cihan,

Thanks for your reply.

I am still somewhat confused by your reply, because I don’t see why (at least if indeed you agree to saying that you want to achieve my suggested scenario 1) you would need to have the neighbourhood matrix to be time variant? If you want the spatial data points to be included for the clustering algorithm to vary over time, it would suffice to mask out the non-relevant data points. If it’s done in a way that these get a value such that the clusterthreshold is not exceeded, they will never contribute to the clustering. I don’t think that this is to be addressed in clusterstat/findcluster, but needs can be addressed at the level at which the input data to the function is to be defined. One way in which this can be done would be to replace the irrelevant space-time-frequency points in the input data by a NaN.

Best wishes,

Jan-Mathijs