[FieldTrip] Error using ft_clusterplot (line 153)

Bruno Mansur brunommansur at gmail.com
Wed Jun 2 22:13:47 CEST 2021

Dear Mustafa,

Yes, I fear you're right. I'll try to perform something similar using
'ft_multiplotTFR' or 'ft_topoplotTFR'.

Thank you for your hints and time!

Best,

Am Mi., 2. Juni 2021 um 17:12 Uhr schrieb MUSTAFA YAVUZ via fieldtrip <
fieldtrip at science.ru.nl>:

> Dear Bruno,
>
> Thank you for your clarification. I guess the difference between your
> example and the FT documentation is that the example on the webpage only
> focuses on 1 frequency bin (e.g. 20  Hz). I guess the difference with your
> example would be this which affects your data structure to be plotted.
>

> Best wishes,
> Mustafa
>
> Bruno Mansur via fieldtrip <fieldtrip at science.ru.nl>, 2 Haz 2021 Çar,
> 17:30 tarihinde şunu yazdı:
>
>> Dear Mustafa,
>>
>> Thanks a lot for your answer!
>>
>> The result I'm pursuing is similar to the one in the tutorial found in
>> the fieldtrip webpage in the section '*within subjects experiments*':
>>
>> https://www.fieldtriptoolbox.org/tutorial/cluster_permutation_freq/#within-subjects-experiments
>>
>> There they use the function *ft_clusterplot* to plot the data structure
>> in a figure containing subplots, spaced by a certain time interval. I would
>> like to reproduce that with my data.
>> Besides that, I don't know if the *ft_multiplotTFR* function would
>> account for the spatial resolution of the cluster formations, because it
>> just plots the freq range over a time axis for each electrode,
>> independently.
>>
>> Best,
>>
>> Am Di., 1. Juni 2021 um 17:48 Uhr schrieb MUSTAFA YAVUZ via fieldtrip <
>> fieldtrip at science.ru.nl>:
>>
>>> Dear Bruno,
>>>
>>> As far as I know, ft_clusterplot cannot handle the given data structure
>>> of your stat output variable. You may consider using ft_multiplotTFR with
>>> the mask created by the ft_freqstatistics by adding the mask to the struct
>>> data you have for plotting.
>>>
>>> For instance;
>>> %% Prior to calling plot functions;
>>> your_TFR_data_to_be_plotted.mask = your_stat_variable.mask
>>> cfg.layout = your_layout;
>>> cfg.maskparameter = 'mask';
>>> cfg.maskstyle = 'outline';