[FieldTrip] New tool to ease the EEG cap preparation process

Giacomo Bertazzoli giacomo.bertazzoli at unitn.it
Wed Jul 7 13:45:56 CEST 2021

Hello again!
We are a bunch of students from the University of Trento (Italy) trying to
figure out the best way to prepare an EEG cap.
In brief, we felt that the EEG cap preparation (especially but not only for
the passive electrodes) was a long and obsolete process that could be
improved, both in terms of time and comfort.
Therefore we ran a survey here to understand if the issue of EEG cap
preparation was just for us or it was something experienced by others.
Thank you all for your answers!

The results from the survey suggested that this problem is general and 99%
of the responders are willing to change the EEG preparation method. Please
find here (
https://drive.google.com/file/d/16R0z15qDeeV73vjL5-X6r6zmEBAlbPCC/view?usp=sharing)
a summary of the answers we received. You can still find the original
survey at this link → https://forms.gle/WjKaYLsVFLYXBPKS9. As far as July
2021, 83 people answered the survey.

Next step for us is to validate a novel solution we developed, that
drastically cuts the preparation time and the comfort of the preparation.
We are running a new survey to understand if EEG professionals would be
willing to adopt this new technology. You can find it here →
https://forms.gle/xqvPXnj5du331Hw88.

We thank you in advance for the precious time spent in filling these
surveys! At the end of the survey there is the possibility to leave a
contact, so we can inform you on the results of this project. We promise
not to spam! :)

All the very best,
The EEGMate team

--
Giacomo Bertazzoli, PhD Candidate
Cognition Neurostimulation & Connectivity Lab - CIMeC
Email: giacomo.bertazzoli at unitn.it
https://webapps.unitn.it/du/en/Persona/PER0194098
https://www.linkedin.com/in/giacomo-bertazzoli-8737b160/
<https://www.linkedin.com/in/giacomo-bertazzoli-8737b160/>