[FieldTrip] ft_rejectvisual output window not working as expected: signal disappears after mouse-click

Barnett, Benjy benjy.barnett.20 at ucl.ac.uk
Wed Jan 20 18:29:40 CET 2021

I am trying to run ft_rejectvisual. After I run it with default scaling parameters, the output window (with the trial by trial signal for each channel) appears. However, as soon as I click anywhere on the window (either on a particular signal figure, or on the ‘next trial’ arrow, all the signals disappear, leaving just the channel names and nothing else. Then if I scroll through all the trials, every channel is blank. I can’t even get the original signals back (i.e. those that first popped up displaying trial 1 before disappearing).

The only way I can seem to fix it is through specifying cfg.ylim = [-1 1]. But, obviously, this messes up the scaling so is useless.
Using cfg.ylim = [-1 1e-12] works, but cfg.ylim = [-1e-12 1e-12] does not. I have no idea why.

cfg          = [];
%cfg.ylim = [ -1   1 ]; %adding in this line fixes error but messes up scaling

cfg.method   = 'trial';
cfg.channel  = 'MEGGRAD';
cfg.keepchannel = 'yes';

clean_data        = ft_rejectvisual(cfg,data);

Please can someone advise? Thanks.