[FieldTrip] Error in Source Analysis Results

Schoffelen, J.M. (Jan Mathijs) jan.schoffelen at donders.ru.nl
Wed Jan 13 09:13:02 CET 2021

Hi Jason,

Did you check whether the data variables tlckL, and tlckR make sense, as well as the leadfield?

In particular for the leadfield, once there is any NaN in there - which may easily happen if something went wrong with the computation, e.g. through occasional dipoles being located outside the headmodel - those NaNs will spread through the whole matrix, and thus to the output, causing everything to be NaN.

Another, more mundane, cause would be that ALL of your dipole positions are considered as ‘outside’ the volume conductor, which would explain that all ‘mom’s are empty, and all ‘pow’s are nan.

Best wishes,
Jan-mathijs