[FieldTrip] ft_sourceplot stubbornly projects rays beyond the head

Schoffelen, J.M. (Jan Mathijs) jan.schoffelen at donders.ru.nl
Fri Jan 8 21:22:07 CET 2021

Mirek,

I could be amiss, but it sounds as if you are interpolating (or rather extrapolating) a cortical surface based source model into a volume. Although it is not clear why you would want this, because in that case I’d recommend to visualize the source power on the mesh, but if you insist in the extrapolation, you may need to specify an ‘inside’ mask to your volume, so that the what you call rays are masked. On the off chance that you are using a volume-based sourcemodel I think the origin of your problem might also lie in the absence of an ‘inside’ mask.

Best wishes,
Jan-Mathijs