[FieldTrip] Question of cluster based permutation test

Arti Abhishek mailtome.2113 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 1 06:34:58 CET 2021

Dear fieldtrip community,

I have a question on cluster based permutation tests where one condition is
compared with multiple other conditions. My experiment is a MMN
multi-deviant paradigm where I have 4 deviants and one standard. I want to
compare each deviant with the standard using the cluster stats to check the
presence of MMN. Do I have to apply any correction as the same standard
condition is compared multiple times?  My script is below:

cfg                             = [];

cfg.channel                     = {'EEG'};

cfg.spmversion                  = 'spm12';

cfg.latency                     = [-100 600];

cfg.method                      = 'montecarlo';

cfg.statistic                   = 'depsamplesT';

cfg.correctm                    = 'cluster';

cfg.clusteralpha                = 0.05;

cfg.clusterstatistic            = 'maxsum';

cfg.minnbchan                   = 2;

cfg.tail                        = 0;

cfg.clustertail                 = 0;

cfg.alpha                       = 0.025;

cfg.numrandomization            = 5000;

cfg_neighb.layout               = lay;

cfg_neighb.method               = 'triangulation';

cfg.neighbours                  = ft_prepare_neighbours(cfg_neighb);

%cfg.neighbours                 = neighbours;

cfg.uvar                        = 1;

cfg.ivar                        = 2;

cfg.design                      = [1:19 1:19; ones(1,19) 2*ones(1,19)];

Stat_MMN1                       = ft_timelockstatistics(cfg,
All_Dev1{:},All_Std{:});

Stat_MMN2                       = ft_timelockstatistics(cfg,
All_Dev2{:},All_Std{:});

Stat_MMN3                       = ft_timelockstatistics(cfg,
All_Dev3{:},All_Std{:});

Stat_MMN4                       = ft_timelockstatistics(cfg,
All_Dev4{:},All_Std{:});

Kind regards,
Arti