[FieldTrip] Statistical test and Timelockgrandaverage

Cavallo, Umberto (Stud. FPN) u.cavallo at student.maastrichtuniversity.nl
Fri Apr 2 18:19:11 CEST 2021

Dear all,

I am interested in looking differences in the pupil size between two conditions (and the related ERP).

I am analyzing my pilot data and after the appropriate preprocessing i have timelocked my data through ft_timelockanalysis.

Then as suggested by Fieldtrip tutorials, i have computed the grand average for each condition for all subject using ft_timelockgrandaverage.

Finally i am using ft_statistics to test.

However, the structure obtained by ft_timelockgrandaverage is not suited for ft_statistics (hopefully i am wrong).

Thus, i ask you if to compute statistical tests through fieldtrip data should be maintained as they are after ft_titimelock (without computing the grand average across subjects) or if it is possible to use the data already averaged for all subjects (by ft_grandaverage).

I have read the tutorials and i could not find any suggestion or example. Probably i was unlucky or blind, but thanks for your help anyway.

Best,

Umberto