[FieldTrip] Open position as MEG Physicist/Engineer. Salary level E13 (Germany)

Jochem Rieger jochem.rieger at uni-oldenburg.de
Thu Sep 3 17:28:39 CEST 2020

Dear list members,

we have a position for the technical administration, user support and
MEG related research and development at our neuroimaging facility open.
Please see the announcement below. Do not hesitate to contact me if you
have any questions.

Regards,

     Jochem

The Neuroimaging Unit at the University of Oldenburg, Germany, offers*as
soon as possible*a position for a

*MEG-Physicist/Engineer (m/f/d)
*(E13 TV-L / full time)

The successful candidate will be responsible for the operation and
administration of the MEG-system, including infrastructure, data
management, and user consultancy. We expect the holder of the position
to pursue projects for the development and improvement of measurement
and analysis techniques.

We seek for a highly motivated candidate with an academic university
degree (Master or equivalent) and a PhD (or equivalent) in physics,
engineering, or neuroscience, with documented research experience in
magnetoencephalography or related fields. In addition, fluency in
English and strong programming skills are necessary. German is desirable
and experience in the design of neurocognitive experiments is a plus.

The Neuroimaging Unit hosts a state of the art magnetoencephalograph
(Elekta Triux) and a magnetic resonance tomograph (Siemens Prisma 3T)
and is embedded in an excellent interdisciplinary scientific environment
(e.g., Cluster of Excellence "Hearing 4 All", DFG core facility "Data
infrastructure for open science") with a strong research focus on
neurosensory, neurocognitive, and medical research.

The University of Oldenburg is rapidly growing and offers a vibrant
scientific environment with strong foci on cognitive and sensory
neuroscience and a new medical school. Oldenburg is an attractive city
in Germany's northwest with excellent quality of life. It is close to
Bremen, Hamburg, Groningen, and approx. 1 h from the North Sea.

The University of Oldenburg is dedicated to increasing the percentage of
women in science. Therefore, female candidates are particularly
encouraged to apply and will be given preference in cases of equal
qualification. Applicants with disabilities will be given preference in
case of equal qualification. The position is suitable for part-time work.

Electronic applications (one pdf file) are preferred and can be sent to
Prof. Dr. Jochem Rieger,Jochem.rieger at uni-oldenburg.de
<mailto:Jochem.rieger at uni-oldenburg.de>.

Applications by mail should be sent to:
Prof. Jochem Rieger
Universität Oldenburg
Kuepkersweg 74 (W30)
26129 Oldenburg
Germany

The application process is open until*September 24th 2020*. Applications
should include a CV, a list of most recent publications, and a statement
of interest (max. 3 pages).

--
Prof. Dr. rer. nat. Jochem Rieger

Head of Applied Neurocognitive