[FieldTrip] Grand mean

Schoffelen, J.M. (Jan Mathijs) jan.schoffelen at donders.ru.nl
Wed May 13 14:53:01 CEST 2020

Dear Sarah,

It is not clear what error message you get, nor why you think you should ft_timelockanalysis/ft_timelockgrandaverage/ft_topoplotER.

Some pointers:
-For a mathematical operation to be applied to numeric data that resides within a fieldtrip-style data structure you’d use ft_math.
-What you want to do (i.e. adding or subtracting estimates of frequency specific power estimated for different frequency bins) probably requires some manual intervention with the data, because FT will likely prevent you to do so, since it checks whether the frequency bins for the to-be-combined data structures match. I could type some recipe now, but since you are not too clear on the details so I’d rather not spend time on that now. Also, I’d like to give other people the opportunity to chime in here :).

Best wishes,
Jan-Mathijs