[FieldTrip] update to default spmversion

Schoffelen, J.M. (Jan Mathijs) jan.schoffelen at donders.ru.nl
Tue May 12 14:17:02 CEST 2020

Dear Fieldtrippers,

I hope you are all well in these strange times. I am reaching out to you all to notify you of a (small) change in default behaviour of FieldTrip functionality.

During the recent toolkit, which took place online, the participants worked on their own computers, causing a larger than usual variability on used MATLAB versions and Operating Systems. One issue we encountered was a compatibility problem with SPM-related mex-files. Specfically, when using the default version, which up until now has been spm8, certain functions did not work. We are typically reluctant to change default behavior of functions, but now we decided to upgrade the default SPM version to spm12, for a more stable user experience overall. We expect this change to be inconsequential for most of you, but would like to note that, when needed, you can always go back to using spm8, by specifying cfg.spmversion=’spm8’, wherever appropriate.

Stay safe and take care,

Jan-Mathijs

J.M.Schoffelen, MD PhD
Associate PI, VIDI-fellow - PI, language in interaction
Telephone: +31-24-3614793
Physical location: kitchen table
Donders Centre for Cognitive Neuroimaging, Nijmegen, The Netherlands