[FieldTrip] Analyzing SSVEPs

Sarah Kirchler sarah.kirchler at gmail.com
Fri May 1 11:48:53 CEST 2020

Hi Eelke,

thank you for your answer!
I think you understood pretty much right, thank you also for the link to
the website.
The problem is, that I have data saved as .mat-files but already
preprocessed with Fieldtrip.
Now I want to use this data to do my SSVEP analysis, but if I try to load
the .mat-file, I get error messages. I also get the error message, that the
functions of the example script in Fieldtrip just work for ft_datatype_raw,
that "contains sensor level time domain data typically obtained after
calling ft_definetrial
<http://www.fieldtriptoolbox.org/reference/ft_definetrial> and
ft_preprocessing
<http://www.fieldtriptoolbox.org/reference/ft_preprocessing>." So it should
work for my datastructure, but it doesn't. Maybe I make a bad mistake and
should load the original vhdr-file and the mat-file together, I'm not sure,
but in my comprehension all the data that I need should be in the
preprocessed .mat-file.
Please correct me if I do wrong, I'm a beginner willing to not give up!

Thank you very much in advance,

Sarah