[FieldTrip] Beamforming sources (lecture)

Robert Oostenveld r.oostenveld at donders.ru.nl
Tue Mar 17 09:36:32 CET 2020

Hi Marzieh

I don’t have specific lectures on source reconstruction in childrens data. All available online lectuires are here http://www.fieldtriptoolbox.org/video/ <http://www.fieldtriptoolbox.org/video/> and here https://www.youtube.com/fieldtriptoolbox <https://www.youtube.com/fieldtriptoolbox>

It is a question I am more often asked. Important for EEG source reconstruction in general is to have a good (at least a decent) volume conduction model and to have proper electrode positions. Otherwise the forward `model (see lecture on that) won’t match the data and the reconstruction will be bad or fail. See for example http://www.fieldtriptoolbox.org/tutorial/electrode/ <http://www.fieldtriptoolbox.org/tutorial/electrode/> as a method to acquire electrode positions, but also http://www.fieldtriptoolbox.org/faq/structuresensor/ <http://www.fieldtriptoolbox.org/faq/structuresensor/>

Also look at https://www.pedeheadmod.net <https://www.pedeheadmod.net/> for children head models. It would be nice if someone would write documentation on how to use those head models with FieldTrip.

best
Robert