[FieldTrip] Source reconstruction - finding the inverse of cross spectral density

Behzad Iravani behzadiravani at gmail.com
Mon Mar 9 11:11:11 CET 2020

Hello,

Thanks a lot for your awesome toolbox, I had  a question regarding the
estimation of inverse matrix of cross spectral density in source
reconstruction pipeline. I noticed the method has been changed since 2018,
that used to be using *pinv *function that seemingly similar to Matlab
function , to fieldtrip function *ft_inv *that implemented different
methods of estimating inverse matrix. However when we ran our script using
the default configuration in newer than 2018 version of fieldtrip we get
different result as we used to have in 2018. We would like to know if there
is a specific change in *ft_inv* that we can not replicate the finding we
used to get with *pinv.  *

Best regards