[FieldTrip] very low sLORETA values

Schoffelen, J.M. (Jan Mathijs) jan.schoffelen at donders.ru.nl
Thu Jun 25 19:17:11 CEST 2020

Hi Kirill,

I don’t know where you got the quote from, so I cannot comment on what I would expect as output units, but I suggest that you check the documentation of the ft_sloreta function, and/or read in the code what is actually done to generate the function’s output.

My suspicion is that what is called ’sloreta’ in fieldtrip does not correspond to the ‘classical’ definition of sloreta that you refer to. From the top of my head already a big difference would be that the original sloreta is a distributed sourcemodel, which is typically obtained using a single inversion step,  while the implementation in fieldtrip seems to run a ’scan’ dipole per dipole, and seems to follow the formulation in the Sekihara and Nagarajan book. Whether or not these in the end of the day are equivalent: I don’t know. (And at the moment I find it way too hot to think about this)

Best wishes,
Jan-Mathijs