[FieldTrip] ft_sourcestatistics output

Hussain, Sara (NIH/NINDS) [F] sara.hussain at nih.gov
Tue Jun 2 12:45:19 CEST 2020

Hi Jan-Mathijs,
Thanks for this information, this makes sense.

Sara

From: "Schoffelen, J.M. (Jan Mathijs)" <jan.schoffelen at donders.ru.nl>
Date: Tuesday, June 2, 2020 at 4:28 AM
To: FieldTrip discussion list <fieldtrip at science.ru.nl>
Subject: Re: [FieldTrip] ft_sourcestatistics output

Hi Sara,

Thanks for reaching out. I am sorry that you are confused by the textual output of the function.

The statement ‘using connectivity of voxels in 3-D volume’ refers to the fact that you requested a cluster-based heuristic for multiple comparison correcion. Thus, the code needs to define how individual space-time-frequency points are connected, hence the term connectivity in this context.

The statement ‘using … for the single-sample statistics’: the single sample here refers to the fact that the test-statistic-of-interest, here an unpaired T-statistic, is computed for each individual (space-time-frequency) sample of the data.

If you have a good suggestion as to how to amend this text, please feel free to make a Pull Request on github with your suggestions included.

Best wishes,

Jan-Mathijs