[FieldTrip] Confidence Intervals for TFR Statistics

Schoffelen, J.M. (Jan Mathijs) jan.schoffelen at donders.ru.nl
Mon Jul 6 09:00:14 CEST 2020

Dear Mark,

Yes, there is, and the reason for this is rather mundane. The reason that it isn’t outputted is probably because nobody has ever cared to implement it in the code. Also, it is not clear what you exactly mean with ‘confidence intervals’. If it’s about a CI based on a parametric interpretation of the (mass-univariate) test statistic, there is plenty of matlab code that will allow you to infer this. On the other hand, if it’s about a CI of the (cluster-based) test statistic based on the permutation distribution then this is straightforward to get: just sort the posdistribution and negdistribution fields of the stat output, and look at the relevant quantiles.

Best wishes,

JM