[FieldTrip] 2 Postdoc positions available at Ruhr University Bochum

Nikolai Axmacher nikolai.axmacher at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Fri Jan 17 10:03:54 CET 2020

*2 Postdoc positions available in ERC Consolidator Project “Neural
mechanisms, functional roles and pathophysiological relevance of human
grid cell‐like representations”*

We are looking for outstanding candidates to join the team of Prof. Nikolai Axmacher at Ruhr
University Bochum (Germany). We use cutting‐edge cognitive neuroscience methods – fMRI at 3T and
7T, EEG, simultaneous EEG/fMRI, intracranial EEG and human single‐unit recordings – to investigate
the neural mechanisms of learning, memory and spatial navigation. Our long‐term vision is to identify
the neural traces of memories for specific events, their transformation during learning and memory
consolidation, and their impairment in neurodegenerative and psychiatric diseases.
More information on our group can be found here:
http://www.ruhr‐uni‐bochum.de/neuropsy/indexE.htm

We are searching for an enthusiastic researcher with a Ph.D. in Psychology, Cognitive Neuroscience or
related disciplines and publications using fMRI (ideally at 7T) or intracranial EEG. The successful
candidate will have extensive experience in cognitive neuroscience research and excellent analytical
and programming skills. We offer a stimulating and friendly research environment in a leading
cognitive neuroscience institution with ample opportunities for interdisciplinary exchange.
The Ruhr University Bochum is one of the leading research universities. The university draws its
strengths from both the diversity and the proximity of scientific and engineering disciplines on a single,
coherent campus. This highly dynamic setting enables students and researchers to work across
traditional boundaries of academic subjects and faculties.

Ruhr University Bochum (RUB) is a leading research University in Germany. The positions are funded
via the ERC, begin on May 1st in 2020, and will be limited to 3‐5 years. Candidates of all genders and
nationalities are encouraged to apply. The salary will be according to German legislation (39,83 h/w ‐
TV‐L 13). Travel expenses for interviews cannot be refunded.

Please send your email enquiries (including application letter and CV) until February 3rd to
nikolai.axmacher at rub.de

--

*Prof. Dr. Nikolai Axmacher*

*Institute of Cognitive Neuroscience*