[FieldTrip] TFR : Common baseline for variable trial length

András Puszta puszta.andris at gmail.com
Thu Feb 6 13:04:27 CET 2020

Hi Amine,

I think you should be aware of 2 things:
1. "Trial number" of baseline matches with the trial number of the other
condition that you compare.
2. The selected baseline-period is in the original baseline-distribution's
CI

What I suggest is to cut randomly as many segments from the baseline as the
number of trials in the other condition, and as long segments as the length
of the trials. Next, check if the cutted baseline-segments are within the
original baseline's CI (for example by bootstrap resampling). After that
you can perform permutation statistics between baseline and the othe
condition, or normalize the condition and do permutation test against zero.

Hope I helped,

Andras

Amine JALAL <amine.jalal11 at gmail.com> ezt írta (időpont: 2020. febr. 6.,
Cs, 12:27):

> Dear Fieldtrippers,
>
> I'm working on EEG data and I'm trying to perform a time-frequency
> analysis. Since my data is continuous, I segmented it according to triggers
> that define the trials (with variable length), so my data is composed by
> the trials and two long segments at the beginning of the experiment
> (resting state) and at the end.
> My aim is to perform a baseline correction to the trials in TFR by taking
> the baseline from the "resting state" segment.
> I have been looking for the solution in the tutorials and mailing list,
> but I didn't get to move forward.
>
> I would be very grateful by any help or advice.
> Thank you in advance.
>
> Best,
> Amine
>
> --