[FieldTrip] Registering freesurfer soucremodel to CTF space

McColgan, Peter p.mccolgan at ucl.ac.uk
Wed Apr 29 12:34:32 CEST 2020

Dear experts,

I am working on relating 7T quantitative MRI to MEG.

I have been following this tutorial http://www.fieldtriptoolbox.org/tutorial/sourcemodel/

However I want to run freesurfer on my 7T image and then transform the source model to CTF space.

I did the following steps

1. I ran freesurfer on my 7T mp2rage.nii (-hires pipeline)

2. Then I register my 7T mp2rage.nii to the CTF realigned mp2rage.nii to generate a transform (using nifiti_reg) -

%% Load transform

transform_fs2ctf = load(fullfile(mri_path,'fs_ctf.txt'));

I then tried to use this transform to put the sourcemodel into CTF space

%% Refine and save source model

sourcemodel = ft_transform_geometry(transform_fs2ctf, sourcemodel);

However I get the following error:

Error using ft_transform_geometry (line 65)

only a global rescaling is allowed.

(transform file attached).

Any idea why this is happening?

I have also tried to use the transform from:

%% Relign anatomical MRI to MEG

cfg          = [];

cfg.method   = 'interactive';

cfg.coordsys = 'ctf';

mri          = ft_volumerealign(cfg, mri);

I have also tried to run freesurfer on after realigning the MRI ctf, then to acpc as in the tutorial however freesurfer fails on the 7T images

Thanks

 Peter