[FieldTrip] MEG/EEG toolkit course - online materials available

Robert Oostenveld r.oostenveld at donders.ru.nl
Wed Apr 29 09:49:25 CEST 2020

Dear FieldTrip users

Last week we hosted the MEG/EEG toolkit course online. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic we had to transform it in an online format in which almost everyone (participants and tutors) were attending from home. The format consisted of lectures, extended Q&A sessions, and hands-on sessions where participants worked on tutorials on their own computer. Besides doing it online, this posed additional challenges, with kids at home requiring attention, with time-zone differences, and with some participants now also having clinical duties. This required a lot of creativity of everyone involved, resulting in interesting opportunities. In short: it was a great success, with very good interaction between the about 35 participants and the tutors.

We have documented the work that went into the preparations, the instruction “manual” that we wrote for the participants and tutors, and also some of the lessons we learned along the way. Furthermore, where possible we recorded the online Zoom lectures and Q&A sessions, allowing you to learn from them as well. Please see the http://www.fieldtriptoolbox.org/workshop/toolkit2020/ <http://www.fieldtriptoolbox.org/workshop/toolkit2020/> page for all details.

best regards,
Robert and Jan-Mathijs

PS if you plan to do a similar online training event, you might learn from our format as well. The documentation includes all instructions and notes that we wrote prior and during the workshop.