[FieldTrip] Difficulty using "plotfiltresp" --- trying to plot frequency response curve on my data

Jonathon James Parker parkerjo at stanford.edu
Wed Apr 22 20:12:11 CEST 2020

Hi Fieldtrippers:

I am interested in looking at the Frequency response curve after applying different filter types to extract high-gamma band (70-170Hz) in my dataset.

I have used the cfg.plotfiltresp = ‘yes’ flag in running preprocessing on a subset of my data. The call to ft_preprocessing runs without issue, but there is no plot of the filter response curve.

Here is an example of the cfg I am using for the call to ft_preprocessing

 cfgi = [];

    cfgi.bpfilter = 'yes';

    cfgi.bpfreq = [l70 170];

    cfgi.bpfilttype = 'but';

    cfgi.bpinstabilityfix = 'reduce';

    cfgi.bpfiltrord = 8;

    cfgi.poltfiltresp = ‘yes’;

I searched the code of ft_preprocessing and only see the “plotfiltresp” referenced in handling the cfg. flag, thus I am guessing this parameter is simply passed to a lower level pre_proc function depending on the filter type.

Has anyone else had this problem and can offer advice on how to get this functionality to work?

I am running Fieldtrip August 2019 build.

Hope everyone is staying healthy.

Kindest regards and thank you,

Jonathon

Jonathon “JP" Parker MD, PhD
Resident in Neurosurgery | PGY5
Morgridge Endowed Postdoctoral Fellow
Maternal & Child Health Research Institute
Department of Neurosurgery
Stanford University
E: parkerjo at stanford.edu