[FieldTrip] Cluster-based permutation test with different sample sizes by channel

Schoffelen, J.M. (Jan Mathijs) jan.schoffelen at donders.ru.nl
Thu May 30 12:11:54 CEST 2019

Dear Soren,

As long as you use a test-statistic that is not too sensitive for the sample size (such as the T-statistic), and the imbalance across regions in number of contributing samples is not too large, I’d say you’re fine. Also, if you use a non-parametric cluster-threshold statistical sensitivity is not too compromised

Just to be sure,  you don’t need to repeat the test for each of the regions separately (which requires a multiple comparison correction for the number of tests), but you could run the statistics function with an empty neighbour definition, preventing clustering across space.

Best wishes,
Jan-Mathijs