[FieldTrip] Questions of data preprocessing in the intracranial recording

王寄辰 wjcpsysci at gmail.com
Sat May 18 15:42:21 CEST 2019

Dear all,

For the analysis of intracranial electrophysiological recording, some
tutorials montion that the analysis should be used for stationary signal,
so there should be some preprocessing, like prewhitening.
If I read the raw data into fieldtrip, should I do the "prewhitening"
before I analyse the LFP or spike?
The tutorials also said some signal could be thought as locally stationary.
So I am puzzled, should I need prewhitening, and when should I do this?

Best wishes,
Jichen