[FieldTrip] Baseline correction for coherence involving EMG signals

Uri Eduardo Ramírez Pasos urieduardo at gmail.com
Tue May 14 02:54:10 CEST 2019

Dear fieldtrippers,

I'm wondering if there is any consensus regarding baseline correction for
coherence when (at least) one of the signals is an EMG, where baseline is
some period at rest before movement onset. At an MDS congress a senior
scientist said to me that cortex-muscle coherence should not be
baseline-corrected since the EMG during rest is just noise as opposed to
representing ongoing processing that is irrelevant to the task at hand.
However, recently a reviewer wrote that they didn't see anything wrong with
this and I should actually baseline-correct STN-muscle coherence values.

Any useful references would also be appreciated!

Best,
Uri Ramírez