[FieldTrip] eeglab2fieldtrip

Arnaud Delorme arno at ucsd.edu
Thu Mar 21 20:09:48 CET 2019

Dear Jason,

The best solution to import EEGLAB datasets in Fieldtrip is to read EEGLAB datasets using the file File-IO interface either using the standard FILE-IO interface or using the low level EEGLAB reading function of FILE-IO. See the page below for more information.

https://sccn.ucsd.edu/wiki/EEGLAB_and_Fieldtrip#Converting_between_EEGLAB_and_Fieldtrip_data_structures

The legacy function eeglab2fieldtrip is mostly used internally within EEGLAB to convert EEGLAB datasets to Fieldtrip structures for source localization purposes (DIPFIT). It is not recommended to use that function although it might still work for your application.

Arno