[FieldTrip] wPLI connectivity results: diagonal values unequal to 0 or 1

Wanze Xie xiew1202 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 27 20:28:39 CET 2019

Dear all,
I got diagonal values (connectivity between the same electrodes or
ROIs) unequal to 0 or 1 in the output matrix from
the ft_connectivityanalysis function using the 'wpli' method. These
diagonal values are even
not equal to each other, although the diagonal values are the same (0s
or Infinite)
by using 'coh' or 'coh' & cfg.complex = 'imag'.

I never used the diagonal values in my later analysis, and I always changed
them to 0s, but I am still curious and confused about why this happened to
the method of 'wpli'.

Has anyone ever met this issue?

Thanks.

Wanze