[FieldTrip] Postdoc position UCI

Julie Patterson jvpatter at uci.edu
Wed Jul 10 16:33:48 CEST 2019

A Postdoctoral Scholar position is available in the Department of Psychiatry & Human Behavior at the University of California, Irvine, Medical Center. We investigate brain inhibitory function using electroencephalography (EEG) in psychiatric subjects and controls with the aim of identifying potential biological markers for psychiatric disorders. We also study potential genomic markers for these disorders. The scholar will participate in a newly funded project to investigate the contribution of electrophysiological measures of brain inhibitory function, as well as measures of cognitive function, and genomics to smoking in bipolar disorder, with the goal of providing a better understanding the high incidence of smoking in this disorder.
Requirements:  The successful candidate will have a PhD with research experience relevant to our research interest and be an individual who can work independently within a collaborative team environment of researchers and students. Preference will be given to candidates with an interest in clinical research, as well as experience with electrophysiology, statistics, and familiarity with MATLAB and/or other coding techniques. Experience performing molecular biology techniques (nucleic acid extractions, PCR) and/or bioinformatics would be a plus.
To apply: Please visit the UC Irvine RECRUIT website located at: https://recruit.ap.uci.edu/JPF05266
Applicants should complete an online application profile and upload the following application materials electronically to be considered for the position:
1. Cover Letter
2. Curriculum Vitae (including publications if any)
3. Research Statement – a brief statement of research experience and interest
4. Contact Information for 3-4 References