[FieldTrip] Plotting Clean Data/ Plotting a .mat file

Rhianna Patel rhianna.patel24 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 24 23:24:06 CEST 2019

Hello,

I have been using the function, ft_databrowser to plot raw EEG data, in the form of .raw files.

I have two scripts which then preprocess this data and save it as a file called cleandata.mat, and I would like to be able to plot this EEG data to confirm that it has been properly pre-processed.

My preprocessing function “ft_clean” uses the following existing Field Trip functions:
- ft_definetrial
-ft_preprocessing
-ft_artifact_zvalue
-ft_artifact_threshold
-ft_rejectartifact

My final, saved, clean file is a struct with two fields, one for each of my conditions. When I try to plot this file using ft_databrowser, I get an error message which tells me that the header format is not supported. I’m wondering if this function does not support .mat files? If so, is there another Field Trip function which would allow me to plot clean data in the form of a .mat file? I’d like to be able to look at my cleaned EEG data before continuing to analyze it.

Best,
Rhianna Patel